Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I owned the wrong car

Apparently when I bought my car the dealer wrote down the wrong VIN on all the paperwork. So technically, the car I've been driving around for like 3 weeks wasn't really mine. The one I actually owned has been sitting at the dealership. It's exactly the same as the one I've had, except it has leather seats. Apparently, just swapping cars isn't the remedy the dealership wanted, so I went in today and signed a whole lot of papers to legally own the right car. And they took the license plates that I just got Monday because those plates belong on the other car. So now I'm back to temp plates. I guess I'll have to reregister my car for parking at work too. You know, I really would have been ok with it if they had just wanted to swap out my car for the other one. Really, it would not have been a problem.

No comments: