Monday, July 24, 2006

Company Picnic



This weekend was the annual Microsoft Company Picnic. Of course, the company is so huge that employees are asked to sign up for one of the two weekend days to attend. I went on Saturday with Anna.

There was a whole lot of stuff there, including pony rides, massages with lines that were way too long, carnival games, a volleyball tournament, R/C car racing, fortune tellers, a fake tattoo booth, magicians, musical performers, a puzzle hunt, and of course a lot of food. One of the tents there had a bunch of cool birds, including a live Bald Eagle. We spent the majority of our time doing the puzzle hunt, since many of the activities were either kid-centered, not very good for our attire, or just kinda gross (think lots of sweaty people getting massages outside in 90 degree weather.) The hunt was fun though. And we enjoyed our share of the food as well.

Among the musical performers they had there that day was an all male a cappella group called the Baudboys made up entirely of Microsoft employees. We watched them for a while. They sang a few songs I'd heard before, including Title of the Song, which they seemed to imply was an original by them (I guess maybe you have to play it up like that to pull that song off.) They did a few others I hadn't heard too. I made sure to go chat it up with them at the end and exchange business cards.

Many of the drinks they were serving were made available in a small mountain in these huge wagons. They were a little heavier than our wagon at home. Check out kid staring at me like I'm crazy in the picture below. Nice.

1 comment:

Camille said...

Hey! I've been checking out your blog. You work for Microsoft? That's pretty neat. I have a brother who really likes computers, but he's more into the Linux side of things.

Please take a look at my blog, Sound Out. I am interested in telling people about the one true way to heaven, and I'd love to answer any questions you might have about the Bible, God, heaven, whatever. If I can't answer it, maybe I can recommend someone who can.

~Nella